Wishing you courage

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow'."
- Mary Anne Radmacher

Friday, March 12, 2010

The sky looks like dusk but it's only in the noon hour.

Every day glorious and horrific events occur - not to everyone everyday, but I think everyone gets each of them every so often.

This morning my friend's mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. In general, this form of cancer does not have a good prognosis. Today the sky over Atlanta weeps with J.


Just like that world views start to change. One moment you are absorbed in the mundane - the beautiful, peaceful mundane! - and ten seconds later life looks very different. Darker, sadder, lonelier. Plans for the future start to unravel as the life you are preparing for flashes by.

goodbye goodbye goodbye








































You all have been there. However the information enters, with just a few words or a simple glance, so many important things change. Then your mind argues with the facts; it takes so long for a loss to be fully integrated...

.........................

But somewhere out there many someone's had a glorious day! Was it any of you or someone you know?

......................

My day? Fine, safe, boring - I've taken to my bed with a cold, stubbornly refusing to leave the boundaries of the house until this congestion clears, comfortably sensing that nothing terribly bad will personally touch me tonight. My heart is with J. More on wherever this post was headed soon but for now I wish you all a good night.

8 comments:

Catherine W said...

So true. I love the sequence of images in the midst of this post.

Liz said...

So sorry for your friend.

Liz said...

AnnMarie, I'm afraid I have to abandon my blog due to trolls. :(

It's a long story. I won't be writing any more, but I'll be around to read and comment still. It's weird, I know. I just wanted to let you know that I'm around still.

AnnaBelle said...

Liz, I am so sorry to hear that. I don't have your return address so I'm replying here just in case you see this. If you would like to talk about it please send me an email. It's very sad that your sources of support are becoming unsafe places. If blogging has been helpful to you perhaps consider starting an new blog or going password protected. Let me know if you do either; I'd really like to follow along.

Monica said...

You really hit it with your (amazing) images and words, how the world - the colors we see and how reality looks - can change so swiftly depending on the news we get, the sort of day we're having. For everyone having a fine boring day, there's someone having a shitstorm thrown at them. Thanks for this chance to reflect on life and remember those who are having less bright days (or more bright).

Ya Chun said...

lovely, lovely, lovely.

wishing you good days - and rainy days can be good days too. Well, especially if you have a tin roof and can take a nap or it's raining overnight....

and pancreatic cancer is one of those really nasty ones - your friend and her mom have a tough road ahead.

Mindy Bizzell said...

Nothing could be more true about how everything changes in mere minutes, sometimes an instant. One moment everything is beautiful, life has smiled on you, and the next everything is in pieces all over the interstate. I am so sorry for her mother. I just found out a friend had a massive heart attack at 32, the brevity of our time here is sometimes so breathtaking.

Barbara said...

So so true.

Beautiful post.

xxx