Wishing you courage

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow'."
- Mary Anne Radmacher

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TMI cycle stuff

FSH test

So you are supposed to go in on cycle day 3 or so. Last Friday, when I made the appointment for the following Monday, I thought I was at day one. Then it stopped. Then I thought Saturday was day one. Then it stopped. Then nothing for Sunday. Then Monday I wondered if I was wasting everyone's time by coming in to have my blood taken when I didn't know if I was on cycle day 4 or 29 (that would be day 4 if this were a new cycle, day 29 if still on the last cycle). Talk about feeling like an idiot.

Some of the people I work with study FSH so I talked to a colleague about the stability of FSH before cycle day 1. It is very stable! Check out the chart below and you can see how FSH and estrogen do not fluctuate greatly during the very end of one cycle and the very beginning of another. So it didn't really matter if I was at day 4 or 29.

Monday ended up being day 1 but I didn't call the office back to give them the play by play of my menstrual cycle.

Yesterday morning I was so upset over not knowing precisely what cycle day it was for my FSH test that I forgot to ask when the results would be back.


THE RESULTS!!!



New panic (since I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not freaking out about something!). Already I have heard back from my doctor's office, not just with an estimate of when the results will be back but the actual results.

Everything is in the normal range.

I am not currently in premature ovarian failure. My thyroid hormone levels are fine.

I should be really happy but now I'm confused about what to do. Having urging from my doctor to try to conceive immediately would have pushed my marriage in one direction or the other - my husband and I would have been brought together or driven apart - at least either way is an answer. Can I just say how much I hate marriages in limbo! Grrrrr.

I don't know how to repair my marriage. Hubby is NOT the therapy type, and he is so grumpy lately he is almost impossible to be around. And he is not going to relax enough to even work on our marriage until he is employed.

So no rush for pregnancy. What a relief and a disappointment!

And abnormal thyroid hormone levels are not to blame for my weight gain. Looks like someone needs to put down the wine and get her fat ass to the gym more often.

4 comments:

debbie said...

You know my suggestion for the marriage, maybe try one that dude's books, if you're inclined. Otherwise, I just hope it gets better over time.

On the FSH--yeah! That's great news. Mine's getting up there, so I know I don't have all that much time if we were to try again. But glad to hear yours is just fine!

Meg said...

Glad things are ok. It would maybe cause more problems if you felt rushed into getting pregnant and then split anyway. I'm so sorry about the problems with your husband. You deserve better..... way better.

Ya Chun said...

I hope you guys can reconnect. Luckily for us we have found are way with lots of patience for each other. If Triple S is being grouchy, I assume he is missing Serenity and can't work thru it and I am just patient with him, as he has been in an almost constant level for the last 9 months with me. Lots of hugs.

Zil said...

Good news about your test results.

I'm sorry things are rocky with your marriage. I wish I had some good advice to share.