Wishing you courage

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow'."
- Mary Anne Radmacher

Sunday, February 22, 2009

In a rare moment of not moping around

I have joined my local SHARE team for the March of Dimes walk!!!!

This is really embarrassing, but the walk is 5.2 miles long and I'm so out of shape that I'm concerned about that distance. So I guess training starts immediately!

This is weird, I'm hitting up all of my family and friends because I want them to sponsor me and I feel so shy about it. I can tell you all anything but with the real life people who care about me I'm supposed to be doing well, and be happy and stable, and that means no talking about deadbabies. They really do care about me but I think they think of me as never having been pregnant. It's weird to keep quiet about something, someone!, who is on my mind so frequently.

Wish me luck in sending out the e-mails and getting into shape!


edit: Oh my goodness, there are already 2 donations totaling $20, and it's only been about 2 hours! I almost cried with each one! I'm on my way to the goal!!!

4 comments:

Ya Chun said...

It's a good way to remind your friends, and maybe open.re-open some lines of communication and a great way to get into shape too! good luck and enjoy!

Summer said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your little boy. I totally hear what you're saying about the friends and family thing. It's very difficult to talk to loved ones during this time, and yet I can say anything to basic strangers. I've signed up for the march of dimes walk in my area as well. It's a great way to remember our children, and a great way to get me back on the treadmill. Good luck!

debbie said...

Yay Anna! What a GREAT idea! So proud of you. You go girl!!

Zil said...

Good for you for signing up for the walk. Way to go!!!